E-1 Visa

The E-1 Visa is available for the nationalities that maintain a treaty of commerce and navigation or a bilateral agreement with the U.S. It is a non-immigrant visa which allows foreign nationals of a treaty nation to enter into the United States and carry out substantial trade. Trade includes transactions in goods, services and technology like tourism, communications, banking, insurance, advertising, accounting, data processing and other measurable services that can be treated.

There are several peculiarities about this type of visa:

  1. You may qualify for E-1 if you are an executive, manager or specialist in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S. You also may get E-1 visa if you own 50 percent of the company.
  2. You may get E-1 visa if the company has the nationality of the treaty country. It means that at least 50 percent of the stick of the firm has to be owned by the nationals of your country.
  3. You may get E-1 visa if you are the citizen of a treaty country and are involved in international trade.
  4. E-1 visa may be get by the immediate family members of a principle E-1 visa holder
  5. If you have E-1 visa you can work legally in the U.S. for a U.S. company, but the main condition is that more than 50 percent of the business have to be traded between the U.S. and your home country.
  6. If you have got E-1 visa you can travel freely in and out of the U.S.
  7. As long as you maintain E-1 qualifications you may stay in the U.S, on a prolonged basis with unlimited 2 year extensions.