L1 Visa is applied to workers who come to the United States as intracompany transferees who work for multinational companies who have business in both the U.S. and abroad. These workers come temporarily to perform services in a managerial or executive capacity or they involve specialized knowledge for a parent, branch or affiliate of the same employer that is abroad.
L-1 Visa is suitable for:
- Foreign countries who want to establish a new office in the U.S.
- Executives who are transferred to the U.S. to manage or develop a new office in the U.S.
- Managers who are transferred to the U.S. to supervise work of professional or managerial employees in the U.S. or who is an essential part of a department or subdivision
- Employees with specialized knowledge of the companies abroad which have related branches or joint venture partners in the United States. Specialized knowledge are the knowledge of products, research, methods, marketing techniques and others.
- Employees and partners of international accounting firm.
- Multinational companies who want to transfer employees to perform different functions, like managing a new brunch, supervising work of other professionals.
- Multinational companies who are to transfer the employee with specialized knowledge.