EB-5 visa program special for those who wish to obtain the right of permanent residence on the territory of the United States of America and earn income. To participate in this program need to invest in the U.S. economy or create at least 10 permanent jobs in territory of America.
All EB-5 investors must invest in a new commercial enterprise. Commercial enterprise means any for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of lawful business including, but not limited to:
- A sole proprietorship
- Partnership (whether limited or general)
- Holding company
- Joint venture
- Business trust or other entity, which may be publicly or privately owned
This definition includes a commercial enterprise consisting of a holding company and its wholly owned subsidiaries, provided that each such subsidiary is engaged in a for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of a lawful business. This definition does not include noncommercial activity such as owning and operating a personal residence.
Create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years (or under certain circumstances, within a reasonable time after the two-year period) of the immigrant investor’s admission to the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident. The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.
A troubled business is an enterprise that has been in existence for at least two years and has incurred a net loss during the 12- or 24-month period prior to the priority date on the immigrant investor’s Form. The loss for this period must be at least 20 percent of the troubled business’ net worth prior to the loss. For purposes of determining whether the troubled business has been in existence for two years, successors in interest to the troubled business will be deemed to have been in existence for the same period of time as the business they succeeded. The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.
- No language, age, professional experience, or education requirements;
- Status of permanent resident, or green card, for a few months;
- The right to live and work anywhere in the USA;
- The investment as selected by the investor the object, including in commercial real estate;
- Right come and out of the U.S. without restrictions anywhere in the world;
- The investor is not obliged to lead a project or be in the United States;
- The right to obtain American citizenship;
- Green card gets the whole family.